Saturday, November 10, 2007

Summer update on my tough women philosophies

Yes, I'm so far behind on my posts that I'm posting things from summertime. This was a personal project where I wanted to make a girl that was tough enough to look intimidating while maintaining her feminine charms. I gave myself the task of making the armor functional

This meant no bikini-plate-mail. *Sigh* I know, I know. I'm so backwards to society. I can't help it, however, if they want to design trash. All I can do is tell them it's trash and not make it myself.

I consider the human body, male and female, a very sacred thing, and I don't feel that it should be costumed in a way that diminishes that sanctity. Things are holy for one reason only--because we treat them that way. Everyone has the choice to decide what they consider holy and why. After that, it's simply a matter of treating those things as if they "holy."





Started with a peacock for inspiration.




Liked the seashell breastplate.



The shoulder pads are light but you can see the basic shape of them, too.

No comments: