Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The American Marriage Debate

Much has been said about same-sex marriage and most of it is hot-headed nonsense, so I decided to educate myself on the subject. I recommend all Americans to do the same. If you want a jump start, here's the product of my 40+ hours of research which I didn't finish but have a goal to within the next six months. I am against the legalization of same-sex marriage in America but pro LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) relationships that are legally considered marriage. Sound contradictory? Read my paper.

A brief paper where I argue that America needs 2 types of legal marriages, one which allows for the raising of children and one which doesn't (This paper is currently in an unfinished state WITHOUT footnotes, but with a few minor and rather arbitrary citations because I had to turn the paper in. The finished paper will be perforated with them):
What is Marriage and Why are People Saying Gays Can't Have It?

My works cited of scholarly sources (with one or two minor exceptions I will take out when I get the time; my paper is built on the scholars):
Works Cited - Marriage Debate

Feel free to comment on the subject or send me an email with your opinions.

No comments: